Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No news is good news...

I don't have a whole lot going on, but I wanted to share a few things!

First off, as I'm sure a lot of you know, the 2013 Caldecott was awarded yesterday to Jon Klassen, the author and illustrator of "This is not my Hat". It is a darling book and the kids think it's hilarious. 


My kids all shared their Caldecott book projects last week with the class and I just have to share this one with YOU. 

Not that I have favorites, but... this one was pretty spectacular.
It is from the book "Martin's Big Words". 


Isn't it great!? The child used their dad's socks to create the sweater and the face and hand are made from clay!

Lastly... a FREEBIE :-)

We adopted the core this year. We also adopted Singapore math. We are currently working on measurement  and while mass is no longer in the standards for second grade, it will be covered on the state tests for two (three?) more years. SO my dilemma is this. Our new math program doesn't cover mass... I am having to supplement everything. Since this is only my second year teaching I don't exactly have a stockpile of resources. I can't find anything on TPT that I love either. So I have been creating like crazy lately. 

Here is a mass "sort/foldable" for your mathematical pleasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment